The Church Council booklet is designed to help you fulfil your mission as a Church Council by providing a quick reference guide for various processes used within the Uniting Church. These processes exist to help you both discern where God is calling you and to help you follow that call. The processes in this booklet, however, are not meant to be an exhaustive list of all the life of a congregation.
Each section of the booklet will briefly introduce the topic and its purpose and then outline the process to be followed. The electronic resources provide more detail and background information for each topic. These are located on the USB stick that came with this document.
The Role of the Congregation and the Church Council
02. Building Disciples: Worship and Sacraments including Lay Presidency
03. Building Disciples: Leadership Development
04. Placement processes
05. The Church: A Safe Place
06. Further resources for ministry and mission
07. Finance, Insurance and Property Matters
08. Annual Reports
09. Other councils of the church
10. Communication – Uniting TAS and Crosslight
11. Who do I contact?
12. Church Council checklist